Make a Reservation!
Congratulations — we're glad you decided to travel with us! There are several easy ways to reserve your place:
Please note that all prices listed on this website are for cash or certified funds (money order, cashier's check, or traveler's check). Contact us for further details on other payment options.
- Call the Green Tortoise Travel Office. It's easy, and we can walk you through the reservation process step by step. It takes just about 10 minutes and then you can ask any other questions you might have.
- Complete the Booking Request Form. A Green Tortoise representative will attempt to contact you. Please note that due to international time differences and other variables you may need to call or Skype us directly during our office hours.
- Send a deposit and reservation form by post. To save your space, we will need a reservation form and a deposit. We cannot reserve a space for you by post until we have received your payment. Follow the steps below to book by mail:
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Contact the Green Tortoise Office to check space availability.
- Complete both sides of our Reservation Form. Please note that your signature is required at the bottom of each page.
- Send the completed reservation form with your deposit to our office:
Green Tortoise Adventure Travel
San Francisco, CA 94133 U.S.A.
- Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit, you will be sent an e-ticket confirming that your space is reserved. You may request to receive a ticket by post instead of an e-ticket.
- Please refer to your ticket for information concerning departure and arrival times, where to meet the coach, a list of things to bring, and activities and expenses.
Payments received by post must be in the form of money order, cashier's check, or travelers checks only. We do not accept personal checks. Please make your checks payable to Green Tortoise Adventure Travel (U.S. funds only). Please remember to countersign your travelers checks and make them out to Green Tortoise Adventure Travel. Please note that your place is not reserved unless we receive payment with your reservation form. Remember that snail mail is slow! If the trip is a week or less away, please call to make your reservation. We do not accept bank transfers.
Questions? Please contact us.
ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE/ NON-TRANSFERABLE. In most cases (exceptions are noted below), if you notify us at least 12 days prior to departure, you may apply your deposit (less 50% for a cancellation fee) to another Green Tortoise trip. If you notify us less than 12 days prior to departure, you forfeit your entire deposit. For most trips (exceptions are noted below), the balance of your fare, including the food/parks fund, is due at departure. Payment at departure must always be in cash, money order, cashier's check, or traveler's checks (in USD funds only).
Exceptions: One-way cross-country trips (Northern Crossing, Northern Dream, Southern Crossing, Southern Dream, Southern Roadtrip, Florida Sun Escape, Cactus Crawler, Big Apple to Big Easy and Mardi Gras) require the full balance of your trip, including the food/ parks fund, 12 days prior to departure. The full trip amount also becomes non-refundable/non-transferable 12 days prior to departure. Therefore, if you notify the Green Tortoise of a cancellation less than 12 days prior to departure, you lose the full payment of the trip.
The full balance of your fare, including the food/parks fund, for the Alaskan Expedition, Alaska Loop, American Overland, USA Expedition, USA Explorer, and USA Trek are due 21 days prior to departure. If you notify us at least 21 days prior to departure, you may apply your deposit (less 50% for a cancellation fee) to another Green Tortoise trip. The full trip amount also becomes non-refundable/non-transferable 21 days prior to departure. Therefore, if you notify the Green Tortoise of a cancellation less than 21 days prior to departure, you lose the full payment of the trip.