- hostelbookers 2012 "Best value for money" 2010 "Best Staff Award"
- Hoscar 2009 "one of the top ten in the USA."
- Lonely Planet "Top 5 Author Pick" 2007
- Recommended by Let's Go 2007: "Every year, our Let's Go team scours the globe in search of unique travel destinations; our regional writer came across your establishment and was very impressed."
- GapYear.com Gold Award: "Time and time again we hear people mention the Green Tortoise hostel as one of the best they've stayed in on their RTW trip - and we can see why. You get a whole lot of freebies for your money, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. This place is backpacker heaven."
The following guests comments are 100% genuine and were pulled from our website, in-house guest book, and various emails we've received over the years...
hostel with awesome free brekky (very filling) and free dinner 3 nights
a week and organised stuff on at nights too. the staff were very
helpful as well. the rooms are excellent with quite a bit of space and
under bed lockers, but you need to bring a lock. good linen provided as
- Ben, AU”
“I had a great
time at the Green Tortoise. The staff were most helpful and the
organised activities were fab. Please pass on my thanks to the staff
(although i think they have just as much fun as the paying guests) :)
- Kelly, AU”
“i can highly
recommend this place, the staff is really friendly and helpful, the
rooms are very clean, kitchen and bathroomfacilities also!! they offer
great eveningevents and differnt things, a must, if you are staying in
- Angela, Germany”
“One of the
best hostels you are ever likely to stay in ! Prove me wrong !
- Tim, AU”
“It really is
great to stay somewhere and get the things all travellers need...for
internet,sometimes dinner and sometimes even beer! What more can i say,
Greentortoise is in a great spot, right in the middle of everything!
- Craig, UK”
relaxed then i thought it would be. I'd recomend it to anyone!
- George, UK”
“I had a great
time staying at the Green Tortoise and recommend it as a great place to
eat,drink and be merry!Great facillities and inclusions and heaps of
fun people to talk to in the ballroom. Thanks guys!!!
Laws from OZ
- Yep, Laws from OZ”
“I had a great
time in a great location. The love parade was just around the corner
and the people/staff i met were very friendly and helpful. thumbs up.
- Matthew, India”
“We had such a
great time while staying at this hostel! The rooms were cozy and very
inviting. The staff was very easygoing and helpful. We will definitely
- Michelle, America”
“All good -
very enjoyable stay - excellent info and advice available. Good
location. we like it a lot
especially the tv in the room. Thanks
- Gillian, AU”
“This is a
great hostel packed with little details that make you feel right at
home. From its good location, helpful staff, free breakfast, and
internet access, the Green Tortoise is a good place to stay in San
- James Smith, United States”
“best hostel i
have been in, fantatsic having free internet and videos.
- Grant Stevens”
accommodating to visitor needs. They made the day everyday.
- Elizabeth Barton, (Cal) USA”
definately recommend the Green Tortoise and also will stay there again!
- Monica Yancey”